A blood test at dr path lab Jalandhar gets used to measure or examine cells, chemicals, proteins, and other substances in the blood. Blood testing is also known as blood work, and it is one of the common types of lab tests. Blood work gets included as a part of a regular check-up. A blood test is also used for the following purposes.
- It permits you to diagnose some ailments and conditions.
- It allows you to monitor a chronic disease or condition, such as diabetes and high cholesterol.
- It allows you to find out whether the treatment of a disease is working or not.
- It helps you check how well your organs are working. Your organs include hearts, Kidneys, thyroid, and liver.
- It allows you to find whether your immune system has trouble fighting infections.
Common blood tests include the following.
- It includes the common blood count. It measures different parts of the blood, including white and red blood cells, hemoglobin, and platelets. CBC gets included as a part of Regular check-ups.
- Enzymes are substances that control chemical reactions in the body. It includes troponin and creatinine kinase tests.
- It also has a blood test that helps you check whether you have a risk of developing heart disease.
- It also has a blood clotting test also known as the coagulation panel.
What will happen during times of a blood test?
One Healthcare provider at dr path lab Jalandhar will need to take a sample of your blood. It is also called a blood draw. When a Blood draw gets taken from the vein, it’s called venipuncture. During the venipuncture, the phlebotomist will take a blood sample from the vein in your arms, using a small needle.
As the syringe gets inserted, a small amount of blood gets collected in the vial. You may feel a little sting as the needle goes in and out. It usually takes less than 5 minutes.
Do you need to prepare for the blood test?
You don’t need any hectic preparations for a blood test. For some blood tests, you may need to fast for several hours before the test gets done. Your Healthcare provider will let you know if there are any special instructions to follow.
Is there any risk to get the blood test done?
There is little risk to get a finger prick test or venipuncture. During the process, you may feel some pain and bruise at the spot where the needle gets put, but the symptoms will go away with time. Collecting blood from an artery is more painful than collecting blood from a vein. It will cause some bleeding and bruising, and soreness at a spot where the needle gets inserted. It’s better to avoid heavy lifting of objects within 24 hours after the blood test in Jalandhar.
It’s worth mentioning that Blood testing can provide you with valuable information about your health. If you have had a blood test done, you may need other types of tests before making a diagnosis.