To make the lungs strong and healthy, it is beneficial to practice Abhyantar Kumbhak Pranayama regularly, and know the right way to practice it.
Yoga is like Sanjeevani to keep both bodies and minds healthy and fit. Regular practice of yoga not only keeps the body healthy and fit, but its practice also gives mental peace. Yoga is practiced in different ways but they all have only one purpose to keep the body and mind calm and fit. Pranayama is also a model of yoga in which we exercise our breath. And pranayama is one of the 5 modes of yoga. Pranayama is considered to be the science of controlling the breath. If you also want to keep your body healthy and disease-free by strengthening your lungs, then Abhyantar Kumbhak Pranayama will be very beneficial for you.
If you want to learn different types of yoga asana then you can add a Retreat for Depression.
Abhyantar Kumbhaka Pranayama:
Pranayama is the practice of exhaling, inhaling, and holding your breath properly. Through the regular practice of Pranayama, we are able to balance our breath. Regular practice of these benefits the lungs to a great extent. This Pranayama is part of hatha yoga in which we practice breathing in and out. Let us tell you that there are three major steps of pranayama, first Puraka in which we draw the breath inwards, second laxative in which the practice of holding the breath is done, and the third Kumbhaka in which the exhalation is practiced properly. In Abhyantara Kumbhak Pranayama, we emphasize exhaling.
How to do Abhyantar Kumbhak Pranayama:
The full benefits of any yoga asana are available only when practiced in the right way. If you know the right way to do Pranayama then there will be no difficulty in practicing Abhyantara Kumbhaka Pranayama. The right way to practice Abhyantara Kumbhaka Pranayama is as follows.
- First of all, sit in Padmasana posture.
- And now take out the whole breath from the lungs.
- Then press your belly part inwards from the navel.
- And now take a deep breath and hold it in your lungs.
- After holding your breath, apply Jalandhara Bandha.
- After then stay in this position for as long as you can.
- And now to release the breath, come back from the position of Jalandhara Bandha to the normal posture.
- Now slowly release your breath outwards.
- Do this exercise about 5 times.
Benefits of Abhyantar Kumbhak Pranayama:
Regular practice of Abhyantar Kumbhak Pranayama strengthens your lungs and improves your mental health as well. And its practice is of great importance for mental and physical balance in hatha yoga. If you practice Abhyantar Kumbhak Pranayama regularly then you will get these benefits.
- Regular practice of Abhyantar Kumbhak Pranayama strengthens the lungs.
- It is also beneficial in breathing problems and the lack of oxygen in the body.
- And its regular practice works to increase your physical strength.
- The chest is widened and strengthened.
- Abhyantar Kumbhak Pranayama increases immunity.
- And if it is practiced in the right way, the blood pressure in the body is balanced.
If you are a fitness freak and want to learn more about yoga poses, then you can join a 100 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh.
Regular practice of Abhyantar Kumbhak Pranayama keeps both bodies and minds healthy. Abhyantar Kumbhak Pranayama should be practiced properly and should not be practiced by persons suffering from problems like high blood pressure, or asthma. If you are a beginner in the practice of yoga, then in the beginning you should not practice Kumbhak first. Kumbhak should be practiced only after properly practicing Puraka and laxative. And in the beginning, practice it under the supervision of an expert.