Sometimes, some users look for solutions on how to export Gmail emails to flash drive. Gmail doesn’t give users the option to download the emails directly to the computer. You may want to download emails for different reasons such as:
- You may want to access these files without the internet.
- These emails might be important and need to be quickly accessed at the needed time.
- Storing emails in a flash drive can also be done by taking a backup of your emails.
There are various solutions to copy emails from Gmail to flash drive that we are going to mention. You can choose any method as per your requirements. Here, we have 3 solutions for you, the first is the quickest way which is a third-party tool; the second is the manual method for exporting single or only a few emails; the third is the manual solution to export the entire mailbox. Let’s get right into it.
Quick Way to Solve How to Export Gmail Emails to Flash Drive
This solution is the third party tool which is the Mac Gmail Backup Tool which is capable of exporting emails with attachments to various file formats. This tool will help you to copy emails from Gmail to a flash drive without any failures in one shot. backup Outlook contacts to Gmail There are many features to clearly understand what the tool actually offers the users and how it helps them. Following are a few:
- Export emails to file formats like PST, MSG, MBOX, EML, and EMLX
- Emails from specific folders can be saved during the backup process
- Can be downloaded on Mac OS 10.8, 10.9, and above versions to solve how to export Gmail emails to a flash drive
- All emails from Gmail can be backed up on MAC OS X
- You can download emails with attachments while taking backup
- Maintains Folder structure after exporting
- You have an option to delete after downloading Gmail emails
Steps to Copy Emails from Gmail to Flash Drive
- Log in to your Gmail account and choose the file format as EML.
Note: You can choose the file format of your choice. We are showing for EML.
- Click on the “Browse” button to save the resultant file and hit “Choose”.
- Click on the “Apply filters” button and apply the given filters as needed.
- Choose the “Delete after Download” button if you want to delete the emails after exporting.
- Hit the “Start” button and the query: how to export Gmail emails to flash drive will be solved.
There is also an option for you to pause the export by clicking on the “Pause” button on the right bottom corner of the window. You get the following filters to apply:
- Select Folders: Choose the folders that you want to export.
- Email Filters: Use this filter to export only selective emails of a certain time period.
Manually Copying Emails from Gmail to Flash Drive
This method is suitable for transferring one or a few emails. Follow the steps as given below:
- Go to Gmail and log in to your account.
- Click on the email you wish to save on the flash drive.
- Choose the “…” icon and click on “Download Message”.
- Now, choose the location for your emails and hit “Save”.
Repeat these steps to copy more than one email.
Warning: This option can only be used if you want to save one or a few emails to your flash drive.
Google Takeout to Solve How to Export Gmail Emails to Flash Drive
Follow the steps below to easily export your entire Gmail mailbox to a flash drive.
- Open the the chrome browser and go to Google Takeout.
- Go to Gmail and enter your credentials to log in.
- Hit the “Deselect all” button and mark the “Mail” check box.
• Hit the “Next Step” button and choose the “One Time Archive” option.
Warning: The process may take up to several days for copying emails from Gmail to a flash drive depending on the size. This method only supports the MBOX file format.
To solve how to export Gmail emails to a flash drive; you can choose any one of the 3 methods that we have mentioned. If you want to export only a single email or up to 10-15 emails, the second solution is suitable. In case you want to export emails in bulk, you can go for the other two methods but the drawbacks of using Google takeout are also mentioned. It is recommended that you use the automated tool, in any case, to avoid any modifications being made in the emails. The tool provides various file formats to choose from to copy emails from Gmail to a flash drive. Businesshear