It’s no secret that athletes of all levels and ages often wear mouthguards while they play. But not everyone knows how to choose the right mouthguard for them. In this post, we’ll go over the different types of mouthguards Melbourne and how to choose the best one for you.
Different types of mouthguards
There are three different types of mouthguards: stock, boil and bite, and custom-made.
The stock mouthguard is the most basic and cheapest option. It’s a pre-formed piece of hard plastic that comes in one size and must be trimmed to fit your teeth. It’s not very comfortable and doesn’t offer much protection. The boil and bite mouthguard is made from a softer plastic that can be moulded to fit your teeth. You boil it in water and then bite down on it to create an impression of your teeth. It’s more comfortable than the stock mouthguard but doesn’t offer as much protection.
The custom-made mouthguard is the most expensive option but also the most customised and comfortable. A dental professional takes an impression of your teeth and creates a mouthguard that fits perfectly. It offers the best protection against injury.
Factors to consider when choosing a mouthguard
When it comes to choosing the right mouthguard for you, there are a few factors you’ll want to consider.
First and foremost, you’ll need to think about what type of sports or activities you’ll be using the mouthguard for. There are different mouthguards Melbourne for different sports, each designed to provide the best protection possible.
You’ll also need to consider your own individual needs and preferences. Some people prefer a mouthguard that covers the entire mouth, while others prefer a more minimalist design. It’s important to find a mouthguard that’s comfortable and fits well so you don’t have to worry about it falling out or becoming loose during use.
Finally, you’ll want to consider your budget. Mouthguards can vary in price, but there are many affordable options available. Just make sure to choose a quality product that will provide the protection you need.
How to care for your mouthguard?
It’s important to take care of your mouthguard to ensure that it lasts as long as possible. Here are a few tips:
-Store your mouthguard in a cool, dry place when you’re not using it
-Clean it with mild soap and water after each use
-Do not use abrasive cleaners or brushes on your mouthguard
-Replace your mouthguard every 6-12 months, depending on how often you use it
When to replace your mouthguard?
You should replace your mouthguard every six months, or sooner if it’s lost or damaged.
It’s important to replace your mouthguard regularly to ensure that you’re always getting the best protection possible. A worn-out mouthguard won’t be able to do its job as effectively, which could lead to some nasty injuries. If you’re not sure whether it’s time for a new mouthguard, just take a look at its condition of it. Is it warped? Discoloured? Cracked? If so, it’s time for a new one dentures Melbourne.
How to get used to wearing a mouthguard?
It’s important to get used to wearing your mouthguard, especially if it’s the first time you’re using one. Here are a few tips on how to make the transition as smooth as possible:
1. Start by wearing your mouthguard for short periods of time and gradually increase the amount of time you wear it. This will help your body get used to the new sensation and make it less noticeable.
2. Drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated. This will help reduce any discomfort or dryness you may experience.
3. Chew gum or mints regularly when you’re wearing your mouthguard. This will help keep your mouth fresh and prevent any bad breath.
4. Rinse your mouthguard with cold water after each use. This will help keep it clean and free from bacteria.
5. Talk to your dentist or orthodontist about any other tips or advice that may be helpful for you.
Tips for better performance with a mouthguard
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your mouthguard:
1. Make sure your mouthguard is properly fitted. A loose or ill-fitting mouthguard will not offer the same level of protection as a snugly fitting one.
2. Don’t grind your teeth down when you wear your mouthguard. This can damage the guard and make it less effective.
3. Don’t chew on your mouthguard. Not only is this a bad habit, but it can also damage the material and make it less effective.
4. Clean your mouthguard regularly with soap and water. This will help keep it free of bacteria and plaque build-up.
5. Store your mouthguard in a clean, dry place when you’re not using it.
When choosing a mouthguard, it’s important to consider your needs and the activities you will be using it for. If you play sports, it’s important to get a mouthguard that will protect your teeth and jaw. If you grind your teeth at night, you may need a mouthguard to help protect your teeth from damage. There are a variety of mouthguards Melbourne available to denture clinic, so it’s important to find one that fits your needs and is comfortable to wear.