To begin with, SQL stands for Structured Query language. In addition, it is a programming language that is useful for communicating with the database.
Commands In SQL
SQL consists of various commands or instructions that are useful in communicating with the database. In addition, these commands help in performing particular tasks, functions, and data queries. Given below are the following commands of SQL.
- Data Definition Language (DDL)- DDL is responsible for editing the structure of a table like creating, deleting, or altering a table. In addition, it consists of auto-committed commands which means that the changes are permanently saved in the database. Examples are CREATE, ALTER, DROP, TRUNCATE. Etc.
- Data Manipulation Language (DML)- It consists of commands that help in editing the database and are responsible for all forms of changes in the database. These are not auto-committed and can’t save the changes in the database permanently. Examples are INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE.
- Data Control Language (DCL)- These commands are useful for granting and taking back authority from a database user. It consists of two commands that are GRANT and REVOKE.
- Transaction Control Language (TCL)- A database user can only use the TCL commands with DML commands like INSERT, DELETE, and UPDATE. In addition, these commands can not be used while creating or dropping tables. Examples are- COMMIT, ROLLBACK, and SAVEPOINT.
- Data Query Language (DQL)- DCL is useful in fetching the data from a table and it consists of only one SELECT command.
Features Of SQL
SQL is an easy-to-learn domain-specific language that is capable of accessing data from relational database management systems. In addition, it can execute queries against the database and helps describe the data. Moreover, it defines the data in the database and further manipulates it whenever needed. Database users use it to create and drop the database and table. Above all, it helps in creating a view, stored procedure, function in a database and it allows users to set permissions on tables, procedures, and views. To further know about it, one can visit SQL Training in Delhi.
- High Performance- It ensures high performance for highly transactional, heavy workload, and high usage database systems. Moreover, it helps in describing the data analytically.
- Scalability and Flexibility- It is a flexible language and it facilitates easily creating new tables and dropping or deleting the previously created tables.
- High Availability- SQL provides high data availability as it is compatible with databases like MS Access, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL. Etc.
- High Security- It is a secure platform and allows users to provide permissions on tables, procedures, and views. Thus, making your data secure.
- Management Ease- It has uses in every Relational Database Management System. In addition, it helps in managing large amounts of data quickly and efficiently from a database.
- Robust Transactional Support- SQL is an open-source language and it is capable of handling large records and managing numerous transactions simultaneously.
Career Opportunities In SQL
Databases are the need of today and SQL is useful in dealing with large and complex databases. Therefore, it is a highly demanding skill along with being one of the most robust and easy-to-use programming languages. In addition, it is used by various leading businesses such as used by Google, Amazon, Apple, Airbnb, Netflix, Uber, Wells Fargo, Shopify, WordPress. Etc. Due to its significant features and multiple uses, there are many career opportunities available for an individual with SQL skills. Many institutions provide SQL Online Training In India and one can enrol in them to start a career in it. Given below are some of the job titles available for a skilled professional in this programming language.
- Database testers
- Database Administrator
- ETL Developer
- Data Application Interface Developer
- Database Developer
- BI Application Developer
- Database Migration Engineer
- Data Analyst
- Cloud database Expert