Because of its offline condition, the HP printer does not always allow you to print on Windows 10. When you’re in a hurry to print a document, it’s really inconvenient. We’ve compiled a list of all possible options to fix the HP printer showing offline windows 10.
Solution-1 HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free utility that you may download, install, and use.
- Check to see if there are enough papers in the input tray.
- After that, switch on your printer.
- The HP print and scan doctor automatic software can now be downloaded and installed.
- After that, you must launch the app, choose your printer, and run the diagnostic process.
- If your printer isn’t included in the list, select My product isn’t listed.
- Then, to fix the offline issue, simply follow the on-screen instructions.
Solution-2 Examine the Windows discovery services for functions.
- To begin, use the search panel in the bottom left corner to locate the control panel. Then click on devices and printers to proceed.
- The next step is to right-click on your printer and choose properties. Then, on the Ports tab, click.
- From the list, select a WSD port.
- If there is no WSD port, do not proceed with the steps following. You must print a Network Configuration sheet and then use printer EWS to make a manual IP connection.
- Finally, with Windows, you must add a regular TCP/IP printer port.
- Make sure the WSD port check box is selected if one is available. Now you must follow the instructions outlined below.
- The next step is to look for services in Windows.
- In the list, look for Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication.
- For both services, make sure that the status is Running and that the startup type is Automatic.
- If one or both of the items have a Manual Startup Type or are not running, right-click the item, select Properti犀利士
es, set the Startup Type to Automatic, click Apply, Start, and then OK.
- Close the Services window at the end.
Solution-3 Make your printer your default printer.
Users using HP printers are advised to set their printer as default in order to ensure that print and scan jobs are sent to the proper printer.
- To begin, use the search window to look for printers and scanners.
- Open the printers and scanners now.
- Make sure the box labelled “Let Windows manage my default printer” is unchecked.
- Now, select your printer from the list of printers and click Manage. If you have more than one printer with the same name, choose the one that is idle or online.
- Select Set as default from the Manage your device section.
Solution-4 In Windows, create a TCP/IP port for wireless printers.
In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to add a printer port to Windows that corresponds to your printer’s IP address.
- You must first print a Network configuration report or the results of a wireless network test.
- The IP address of your printer may now be found on the network configuration page.
- Then, while holding down the Windows key, look for printers and scanners.
- Select Manage after clicking on the name of your printer icon.
- Continue by selecting Printer Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Locate the ports tab and select Add Port.
- Now click on the new port after selecting the regular TCP/IP port.
- After that, type your printer’s IP address and click Next.
- Now, from the list, choose the new standard TCP/IP port and click on it.