Error C-272 in QuickBooks usually appears when using the Verify and rebuild data utility. The error code also shows up when a user attempts to run a memorized report. It is a critical error faced by the QuickBooks users and calls for immediate action.
This article shall enlighten you with easy walkways to rectify QuickBooks Error Code C=272 without any hassle. But, before taking a leap onto the troubleshooting methods, let us first visit the various causes that contribute to the QuickBooks Error code C=272.
Causes behind the Error code C=272 Error
The list of potential causes that trigger the Error code C=272 in QuickBooks is listed below.
After going through these causes, it will be easy for you to fix the error.
- An attempt made to relocate a report or data that resembles a report.
- Repeatedly attempting to restart QuickBooks.
- The Verify or Rebuild Data Utility has detected that the target bit set is beyond the necessary range.
- A damaged or corrupted company file.
- The memorized report’s conversion attempt failed, and this failure may have contributed to the error.
Easy techniques to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code C=272
We’ll now walk you through the various techniques you can use to resolve QuickBooks Error Code C=272. To prevent any damage to your important data, it is your responsibility as the user to adhere to the directions in the given set of orders.
Technique 1: Access a Sample Company File
It is customary to open a sample company file in QuickBooks to determine whether the issue is with your company file or the QuickBooks application. The following are the steps to open a QuickBooks Sample Company File:
- Hit the ‘Ctrl’ key while launching the QuickBooks software.
- You can release the ‘Ctrl’ key once the ‘No Company Open’ window appears.
- Choose any sample file from the list after hitting on the ‘Open a sample file’
- Your company file is affected/damaged in case the sample company file opens without displaying the QuickBooks Error C=272. To fix your company file in such a case, use the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility.
- You must move on to the following technique if this procedure doesn’t rectify the error code C=272.
Technique 2: Turn off the QBW32.EXE
You can resolve QuickBooks Error C=272 by removing the QBW32.EXE file from Windows compatibility mode. To turn off the same, follow the procedure laid down below.
- Look for the QuickBooks icon and hit a right-click on it.
- Choose ‘Properties’ from the drop-down list.
- Hit on the ‘Shortcut’ tab, followed by hitting on the ‘Open File Location’
- Next, search for the ‘QBW32.EXE’
- When the ‘QBW32.EXE’ file appears, right-click on it and hit on ‘Properties.’
- Proceed to the ‘Compatibility’
- Follow it up by Unchecking the option next to ‘Run this software in compatible mode.’
- Hit on ‘OK,’ and then choose ‘Cancel.’
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop properties window and restart the QuickBooks software to verify if the error got fixed.
Technique 3: In QuickBooks Desktop, disable the Windows Compatibility Mode
The process below will enable you to check whether Windows compatibility mode is enabled or not, which may be a contributing factor behind the error code.
- Locate the QuickBooks Desktop icon and right-click on it to choose the ‘Properties’
- Remove the check from the ‘Run this software in compatibility mode’
- Follow it up by hitting on ‘OK.’
- Close the window and open QuickBooks software to check if the error C=272 got fixed.
The techniques enumerated in this article should be enough to fix the QuickBooks Error code C=272 in your system. Although these techniques should be ample, there may be chances that the error still keeps pervading. In such a case, it is advised that you get into immediate contact with our QuickBooks Customer Support Team.
Our team consists of experienced professionals who are on a mission to make the QuickBooks software error-free. You may contact us through the helpline i.e. 1-800-761-1787 or through the Chat option, easily accessible on our website.
You can read our related blogs on businesshear.com