A popular street food item in Madhya Pradesh and a signature breakfast option, poha is a healthy option to start your days with. In MP, the heart of India, every roadside eatery sells this much-loved snack. Owing to its great taste and numerous health benefits, it has gained popularity in all parts of India. As a result, for poha lovers, their breakfast is incomplete without binging on a plate full of poha!
Not just at roadside eateries, poha is available in every household. Moreover, people of all age groups love this yummy snack. Hence, it has acquired a special place in every home. “What to cook for breakfast?” “Poha” is a simple answer. If you are running short of time, even then poha is the answer. Not having luxury ingredients at home right now? Let’s cook poha. Want to eat something healthy and tasty? Poha is an ideal choice.
Poha is delicious and light on the stomach. In addition to that, the best thing is that you can prepare it easily using regular ingredients at home. Would you believe it if we tell you that there are many families that have poha at least three to four times a week for breakfast? Yes, this healthy and tempting food item has earned so much love and popularity within the families.
Poha comes in several variations. So, it depends on you how you want to prepare it. We are presenting here an awesome recipe. However, you can modify it as per the availability of ingredients and time. Not to mention, you can buy poha online from Trust Foods.
- 2 cups thick poha (rice flakes)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (approximately 1/3 cup)
- 1 small potato, peeled and finely chopped (approximately 1/3 cup)
- 1/3 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon peanuts (groundnuts)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoons lemon Juice
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander Leaves
- Put poha in a strainer and wash. Afterwards, rinse properly and leave it in strainer for some time to let the flakes soften.
- Using your thumb and finger, check the softness of flakes. Also, make sure it breaks easily.
- Pour oil into a heated pan and fry peanuts on medium heat. Wait until they turn golden and crunchy. Remove and set them aside on a plate.
- Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds to the same pan. Add asafoetida (heeng), onion, curry leaves, and green chillies when they begin to pop.
- Saute until the onion turns slightly pink. You can also add potato cubes if you wish.
- Add turmeric, poha, along with salt and sugar to taste. Mix well and cover the pan.
- Keep the heat very low. Turn off the heat.
- Use coriander leaves and roasted peanuts to garnish poha. In addition to that, sev or freshly grated coconut can also be used.
Enjoy your mouth-watering poha!
Buy poha online from Trust Foods. Its poha is a great source of energy and contains healthy carbohydrates and iron.
Thick Poha, Trust Sampoorn Ann’s latest product, is a great source of energy as it contains high levels of healthy carbohydrates, is packed with iron, which helps in fighting anaemia, and is rich in fibre which helps in maintaining a healthy diet