Summary: In this blog, we will discuss a secure and efficient way to convert MBOX to Outlook PST File. Read the complete blog and save emails from MBOX file into PST format along with attachments.
Using the MBOX file format, you can save a group of email messages from a folder into a solitary database file. The data for mailboxes is store in MBOX files by a number of open-source email clients, including Apple Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, Power Mail, Entourage, Eudora, etc. These email clients can be use by the user to control email communication. MS Outlook is now the best email client for businesses that need something more than just an email communication platform.
Unlimited accounts can be create in MS Outlook to establish a number of servers and give users access to extra features including contacts, calendars, appointments, tasks, notes, and journals. However, users must convert MBOX files to the PST format, which Outlook supports, in order to take advantage of these features that come with Outlook.
Instant Solution: Try Secure and Efficient Advik MBOX to PST Converter for Windows. This tool will automatically transfer MBOX emails to Outlook PST format in a few simple clicks.
Why Need to Export MBOX to PST Format
It is wise to be aware of the benefits of PST over MBOX before you convert MBOX to Outlook PST format:
- PST accepts various kinds of data.
MBOX files only work as email message storage due of their straightforward format. However, because of its sophisticated algorithms and ongoing improvement, the PST format may accommodate emails, contacts, tasks, calendars, notes, and more mailbox items.
- Superior format
PST format is highly suite to organise mailbox data into distinct folders such as Inbox, Sent Items, Calendars, Contacts, etc. However, emails are save consecutively in a single text file and the MBOX format is widely use file format.
- Exchange accounts work with Outlook.
Other email programmes lack this feature because MS Outlook is specifically made for Exchange connectivity. As a result, all Office 365/Microsoft 365 plans and Exchange versions, including Exchange 2019, are support without any issues.
- Better security features and more control
Users have complete control over Outlook because it provides high-security features for emails and attachments including Anti-spam, password protection, data loss prevention, etc.
- To satisfy the increasing communication standards, Outlook and PST format are routinely updated. Being open-source, MBOX and its email clients do not receive regular updates.
- Offline Mode: MS Outlook gives users the option to work in an offline mode. In the event of a weak or inadequate internet connection, there is absolutely no cause for concern.
How to Transfer MBOX Emails to Outlook PST Easily
Your MBOX file must be converted to a PST file if you want to switch from an MBOX email client to Outlook. You must do this by using the straightforward three-part procedure described below:
- Create EML files from MBOX emails.
- To add the EML files to Outlook, drag & drop.
- Export Emails to PST Format
Outlook’s Export function can be used to save emails to PST files. If you want to save all the hassle, then you can use the Advik MBOX Converter tool and perform the conversion in a few simple clicks.
1. Convert MBOX emails to EML files.
The majority of MBOX email clients have the ability to store emails into EML files. The Thunderbird procedure has been demonstrated:
1. Launch the MBOX email client first. Right-click a folder and select New Folder.
2. After typing a name, click Create Folder.
3. Pick up any EML message you wish to move and put it in the newly made folder.
4. At this point, the folder contains all of the emails.
5. Select Save As after choosing all the emails. The emails will be saved in EML format in the location of your choice.
2. Emails are exported to an external folder.
Another way to export particular emails to a different folder is by utilising an add-on. It can be used to export several emails from different folders.
1. When Mozilla Thunderbird is open, select the icon with three horizontal lines that says “Display the Thunderbird.”
2. Select Get Add-ons from the Add-ons menu by clicking Add-ons>>Add-ons.
3. To add an add-on to Thunderbird, select ImportExportTools.
4. Select Install from the Software Installation wizard’s menu.
5. You can restart Thunderbird once the add-on has been successfully added.
6. You can right-click any folder after launching Thunderbird to choose it. Select Export all messages in the folder in the folder’s ImportExportTools NG>>EML format.
7. Choose a location for the EML file and store it there.
In Outlook: Drag & Drop EML Files
EML emails are accessible in MS Outlook. To import EML emails into Outlook, follow these steps:
- Access the directory where EML files are stored. Simply drag and drop the selected emails to any desired Outlook folder.
Export Email to PST Files
1.. Using File > Open & Export > Import/Export, you can export the emails to a PST file.
2. Select Export to a file and press Next in the Import/Export wizard.
3. Choose the Outlook Data File (.pst). Select Next.
4. Select the EML file folder and then click Next.
5. Enter a place for the brand-new PST file, select the preferred choice, and press Finish to complete the procedure.
Note: The freshly produced PST file can also be protected with a password.
6. A brand-new PST file is produced in the chosen location.
Manual Method Restrictions
- One or more email apps are always needed to carry out the conversion when converting MBOX to PST. As a result, without these, the conversion cannot be effectively completed.
- There is a considerable risk of data loss and format changes when converting and moving emails between applications. These changes can cause bugs or errors in the receiving programme.
- The manual conversion process depends on a number of different applications; if any of these applications stop functioning, the MBOX to Outlook conversion process may also fail.
- Due to the discontinuation of the majority of email clients, this technique is currently out of date and useless.
- Because there are so many programmes, a user using this strategy needs to be well-verse in all the platforms and how they operate. Here, a high degree of technical proficiency is require.
- It is undoubtedly a drawn-out process that could become complicate while being carry out.
The manual approach to convert MBOX to Outlook PST format include challenging stages and numerous software or add-ons to finish the process. Since MBOX is an open-source file made to retain basic emails rather than a database that was professionally constructed, there is a danger that its contents will become corrupt. Therefore, employing a skilled MBOX to PST converter is preferable for all types of users, even beginners. Using the Advik MBOX to PST converter is simple. Data from the MBOX platform may be simply exported to Outlook using Converter. It enables the user to filter the data according to several parameters including To, From, Subject, Date, and attachment.